E Cigars Frequently Asked Questions
The electronic cigar is quickly rising in popularity as more smokers become aware of this healthier smoking alternative. For the first time an alternative nicotine system is available that closely simulates a real smoking experience. Many people believe this will lead to countless smoker’s lives being saved. The e-cigar is looking very promising and is already revolutionizing the way many people smoke… forever!
However, because e cigars are a relatively new device that are just coming into public awareness, there is a lot of misinformation surrounding the electronic cigar.
- Is it safe?
- Can it help you quit smoking?
- Is there a danger of more kids getting addicted to nicotine?
These are all sensible questions that need to be addressed in order for you to make an intelligent decision whether this is something you could benefit from.
Here is a list of 10 FAQs about electronic cigars:
- How close to the real thing is it? Very similar… enough to satisfy the most hardcore smokers. There are many reports of smokers with 1-2 pack a day habits completely switching over to ecigars permanently. The vapor tastes, feels and looks like tobacco smoke. It delivers that instant nicotine satisfaction that smokers crave.
- Is it safe? Tobacco smoke has over 4,000 toxic chemicals. Electronic smoking has none of these because there is no actual smoke involved. Smoke is the real health hazard. E cigars deliver nicotine by inhaling a vaporized water/nicotine solution without having to worry about tar, carbon monoxide, etc.
A report by the Royal College of Physicians states that nicotine by itself has not been proven to cause any long term ill health effects. Electric cigar vapor has about 20 ingredients (including nicotine) all of which are considered safe as long as the proper instructions are followed.
- Can it help me quit smoking? Ecigars are NOT marketed as quit smoking devices. They are meant to be used by smokers who are seeking an alternative that can be used anywhere. That being said, common sense dictates that it definitely has the potential to be an integral part of a sensible quit-smoking program (similar to how nicotine gum and patches are used).
- Is it approved by the FDA? The e-cigarette is a nicotine delivery device and doesn’t fall under the jurisdiction of the FDA right now.
- Why are certain groups so opposed to it? This is a complicated question. Certain groups may have the public’s best interests in mind and just want more clinical studies to be done. Others have a financial interest in trying to figure out the best way to capitalize on what is probably going to be a billion dollar industry soon. Find out the latest Electronic smoking news
- Can it be used anywhere? Technically, yes. There is no burning tobacco so no second hand smoke is produced. Although it is totally acceptable in most public places, there are certain areas like restaurants that may not like the appearance of it. In these cases simply check with the staff first.
- Does it target kids? Absolutely not! There is a lot of misinformation regarding this topic. Some anti-groups are claiming that because a variety of flavors like fruit, vanilla, chocolate, etc. are available this is going to appeal to kids. That’s like saying because nicotine gum comes in a variety of flavors like mint or fruit it’s catering to a younger crowd. Adults enjoy a variety of flavor choices too! The bottom line is the initial cost for an electronic cigar starter kit (usually around $100 or so) is not practical for most kids. The market is adult smokers looking for a healthier alternative smoking choice.
- Which is the best e-cigar? This is where you need to use a bit of discrimination. There has been a lot of cheap designs coming out of China that are wrought with mechanical problems. Luckily there are a handful of high-quality manufacturers out there. A little bit of research will help you decide. Just remember that sometimes it’s worth spending a few more dollars one time to ensure you get a high quality device that is capable of giving you an enjoyable and problem-free smoking experience. We have a few to choose from HERE and HERE
- How much does it cost? A quality starter kit (including rechargeable battery, charger and 5 nicotine cartridges) will run you around $100 – $150. A package of 5 cartridges will run you around $10 – $15.
- Where can I buy one? Because it’s still fairly new, not many stores are carrying these yet. The best deals can be found online. Have a look around our site www.clecigar.com to check out some of the best electronic cigars available today.